Writing this post from the majestic mountains of Whistler, I am taking in the beauty (not to mention the powder on the ski slopes!) and am so very thankful that I brought my trusty little beauty kit with all the essentials to keep my skin happy.
The combination of dry weather, high altitude, sun, wind and snow is quite a lineup of external factors to overcome! Luckily, over the past few months I have really found my favorite products that meet my skin’s needs- primarily that they are naturally sourced, paraben-free, and non-toxic.
I happen to be in Whistler this week for a winter ski vacation with a group of friends. After that I head to New York for New York Fashion Week, and at the end of February I’ll make my way to the West Coast for some California love.
No matter where I go, this non-toxic beauty kit that I’ve constructed serves me well. In all kinds of climates and with various activities on the calendar, I am always prepared and my skin always thankful.
So, let’s get into just what is in this beauty kit of mine and how you can make your own!
1. Ocadite Jojoba Beads Exfoliant. Exfoliation is highly underrated and also high effective in helping you get healthier younger looking skin. It essentially scuffs off a layer of dead skin cells, revealing the fresh ones underneath and unclogging any pores. Good stuff. I love this one because it is gentle enough to use a couple times a week, and is so fresh it actually has an expiration date.
2. Weleda Skin Food. An super moisturizing lotion that literally feeds your skin. I also use this as a lip cream before I go to bed.
3. Pangea Organics Turkish Rose & White Tea Eye Cream. I started using an eye cream when I was 15 (under the influence of my lovely Auntie Holly), and I swear it is the one thing that all women should start at a younger age to reap the benefits when they get older. I was at a party a few weeks ago and a woman there thought that I was 9 years younger than I am! I told her it is all about the eye cream.
4. MyChelle Dermaceuticals Sun Shield. So far, this is the ONLY natural sunscreen that I have found that doesn’t have an overpowering smell nor does it leave a nice skin-protecting yet white residue all over your face. I actually use it as my daytime moisturizer. It is the perfect daytime weight, blends in and protects your skin. Happiness is.
5. Melvita Mousse Nettoyante. A certified BIO Organic face cleanser that is as gentle as its French name suggests. They have a little travel size that is perfect for weekend trips.
6. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. This is my all-time favorite lip balm of the moment! It is a little sweeter than their original lip balm and you really do feel the extra moisturizing effects of the pomegranate oil.
So, there you have it- my not so dangerous beauty kit! What am I missing? Have any great natural beauty products that you use that belong in this kit?